Find Help Today With Local Inpatient Rehab Centers
There are many benefits of inpatient drug rehab centers including becoming sober in a safe space with professional help. Those addicted to drugs or alcohol require medical supervision, and psychological guidance improves the chances of successful recovery. Below, learn more about how rehab centers can help you maintain sobriety as well as what to expect while enrolled in an inpatient program.
Benefits of Inpatient Drug Rehab CentersWhen finding an inpatient drug rehab center, it is important to select one that fulfills your specific needs. While many facilities offer the same basic services, many specialize in certain types of addictions or treatments. Additionally, some centers are faith-based and provide recovery resources that follow those beliefs.
Some of the primary benefits of inpatient drug rehab centers include:
- Structure. Most centers have daily schedules that include activities, counseling, and meals. Having an engaging routine distracts patients from using substances and also promotes healthy habits. Creating a new routine without substance use replaces self-destructive behaviors with ones designed for a balanced lifestyle.
- Supportive environment. Staying sober can be difficult amongst friends and family who still partake or in surroundings where substances are easily accessible. In addition to not having alcohol and other substances in drug addiction inpatient treatment centers, the atmosphere in treatment facilities is focused on recovery. Both staff and other patients understand the road to recovery and are an extended support system.
- Around-the-clock medical support. Certain substances, as well as severe addictions to alcohol, require a medical detox. The withdrawal symptoms, such as seizures, high fevers and vomiting, can stress the body and increase the chances of relapse. Medical professionals can reduce the effects of withdrawal and ensure a safe detoxification process.
Many drug addiction inpatient treatment centers treat dual diagnosis or co-occurring disorders. In rehab centers, this often means treatment for addiction and one or more mental health issues. In many cases, addictions are systemic of deeper issues like a mental disorder, and substance-abuse treatment is best when it holistically treats the trigger.
For instance, individuals with depression may turn to alcohol or drugs to self-medicate. By treating depression and learning new coping mechanisms, patients can maintain sobriety in the future.
Finding a Local Inpatient Drug Rehab Facility
The services at drug addiction inpatient treatment centers vary and each may offer different types of treatments, amenities and more. It is important to determine which factors are most important to you and select a facility that matches your budget and needs.
Keep the following factors and benefits of inpatient drug rehab centers in mind:
- Budget – Does the center accept your health insurance and what will your financial responsibility cost? Some centers may offer payment plans or scholarships.
- Location – If your family is part of your support system, then a center close to them is an important consideration. Conversely, a new environment away from familiar problems can help during the recovery process. Find a location near you through Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administrtion.
- Available treatments – Not all facilities offer the same treatment options, so it's best to verify which they provide.
After finding an inpatient drug rehab facility, you will go through the admissions process, sometimes referred to as a triage. This is when medical professionals determine your immediate medical needs. If you have contacted the center prior and furnished insurance information and health history, then this process takes less time.
What to Expect at Drug Addiction Inpatient Treatment Centers
Other details centers may request include:
- Your substance. Use history, such as which types of drugs, time length and amount routinely use. Likewise, the current facility will ask about any prior treatments, medications and psychiatric care.
- Any underlying causes, such as emotional or mental disorders or a history of abuse or trauma, which will be addressed during treatment.
- Current issues. Problems at home, at work or with the law can cause stress, which can influence recovery.
By enlisting professional help at drug addiction inpatient treatment centers, a team will work with you to come up with a personal treatment plan. A treatment plan will state measurable goals, a timeline for treatment and progress from its implementation.
Your treatment can include medication, talk therapy and transitional counseling depending on your needs. Some centers also have long-term stays or outpatient services.
There are national resources that may be helpful when looking for the right rehab center or immediate help. These resources can make it easier to find the best fitting option and also have helplines.
Other Rehab Resources
If you need to speak to someone and get help now, a national helpline is available from SAMHSA 1(800) 626-HELP (4357).